- Written by webmaster
- Published: 05 Apr 2022
April 28, 2022
The MABB is pleased to present a Spring RAP session titled, "Transplants and Transfusions: When Two Worlds Intersect". It will be held on Thursday, April 28 from 6:00-8:00pm as a virtual Zoom webinar. Registration includes Panel Discussion and 1 hour PACE® Credit. To view the PDF flyer, please visit the RAP Session page.
Cost is only $10 for members, or $15 for non-members.
Please register and pay fees by Wednesday, April 27th. You can register online here.
1) Discuss the varying strategies employed by different health systems to manage the transfusion needs for transplant recipients.
2) Describe the ABO verification process for solid organ transplant, with emphasis on the Blood Bank staffs’ role
3) Explain the handling of 2 challenging transfusion cases in a transplant setting
4) Given different ABO incompatible bone marrow transplants, be able to select appropriate blood products for transfusion
5) Describe how different institutions prepare for transplants in patients with alloantibodies